Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ang Mahal ng Dollar!!!


I can't believe it! The peso just keeps going down! Bad news for lakwatseras like me! Wasn't it just 5 months ago that the exchange rate was P41 to a dollar? I remember clearly how I was having a grand time shopping in the US (at the outlet malls, of course!). And now, it seems like it's just a thing of a distant past.

I was actually supposed to go to Bangkok next month, but when my trusted Rajah Travel agent sent me the bill via e-mail a week ago, I almost fell off my seat! Whoa! When did this happen? Guess I got stuck with converting dollar to P41++, so it was really a total shock when I found out that the airline rate has jacked up to P48++! Oh well, that's what I get for not regularly reading the newspaper & watching the news.

Yes, I'm a bit sad that my short vacay had to be postponed, but I'm consoling myself with the thought that maybe...just maybe, the universe is preparing me for something bigger...Kenya, is that you?

No comments: